Ever since we came back from Mexico I have been wanting to recreate some of the pasta dishes I had there. I had kind of a love-hate relationship with those pasta dishes. I loved them but by the end of the week I was tired of them. Mainly because pasta was mostly all I ate for lunch and dinner. Along with some fabulous breads that I will be recreating soon. But back to the point, when I saw this Spinach Tomato Tortellini recipe I thought it seemed similar to the pasta sauces we had there. Ever since we came back I had been wanting more of the pasta like they had. This pasta was a little similar but it was even better than the pasta in Mexico. It was also easy to make so for me that’s always a plus.
- 1 16 oz bag 3 Cheese Tortellini
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 can petite dices tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sprinkling of dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-n-half
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions
- Chop up the spinach
- Sautee garlic for about 30 seconds
- Put tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper and basil into the skillet with the garlic
- Mix together half-n-half and flour until no lumps remain
- Add half-n-half mixture into the skillet and mix together
- Mix cheese into the skillet
- Heat the mixture and stir on medium-low until the mixture is throughly heated and thickens up
- Mix together the tortellini and the sauce
- Serve and enjoy!
This pasta dish was creamy and delicious. We both just loved it. It was also simple to make which is perfect on a busy day when you don’t feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen. I hope you will all enjoy this dish! Do you have a favorite recipe from vacation you’ve tried to recreate?
Adapted from: Bombshell Bling