When I was home for Thanksgiving I decided to write down some of my mom’s recipes to try out. This Tortellini Soup has been our favorite so far. It is a lighter dinner but full of pasta deliciousness!
As this cold weather continues to come in we are always looking for new soup recipes to try out. Since we have a bad habit of sticking with the same few meals every week it is nice to try out some new recipes. It’s even nicer when a new recipe is a hit with both of us!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 9 oz. frozen cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup parm cheese
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt Butter
- Add garlic, then remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat and cook 5 minutes
- Tastes better if made ahead of time
We loved how this meal was a lighter soup but still so delicious. I will tell you that the package of frozen tortellini I bought was 19 oz. and I actually ended up using the entire bag. I love my pasta so I enjoyed adding the extra pasta and the soup was still so tasty!
Do you have a favorite soup recipe?