Cheese and Bacon Quiche makes the perfect breakfast or even dinner.
We seem to have a bit of a breakfast theme for the beginning of this week. Yesterday I shared with you 26 Perfect Pancake Recipes and today I have this delicious Cheese and Bacon Quiche. Breakfast is quite honestly my favorite meal of the day, if you could give me a pasta based breakfast recipe then I think I’d be set. I love making quiche and serving it for breakfast or dinner. It’s such a simple meal to make.
- 1½ cup grated swiss cheese
- ¾ cup diced bacon
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 eggs
- dash of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Parsley for topping
- Cook bacon according to package instructions
- Combine cheese and bacon and put into an unbaked pie shell
- Combine eggs, cream, salt and nutmeg.
- Beat until smooth and pour over the bacon and cheese mixture
- Bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until firm
- Top with parsley if desired
We always love to have breakfast in my family. Whenever I go home I have my dad whip up a batch of his homemade biscuits and grits. And my mom always makes this quiche for our Christmas morning breakfast. Now that I remember how simple it is to make I will be adding it to our weekly menu more often. We usually have breakfast for dinner about once a week.
What about you, do you like breakfast for dinner?