My contributor Rebecca is sharing 10 Ways to Treat Yourself for your Birthday!
My birthday is coming up at the end of this month and I’ve been less than excited about it. When you’re a kid birthdays come with big planned parties, tons of presents, and a whole lot of attention. Most of my adult birthdays have slipped away with little fan fare. That’s why this year I’ve resolved to make the day special. It doesn’t take a whole big party or fancy plans to treat yourself for your birthday.
1. Sleep in – This isn’t always possible depending on the day of the week your birthday falls on, but if you can, sleep in. Take the day off or ask to come in late. Give yourself a couple of extra hours of rest.
2. Wear your favorite outfit – That outfit that you feel really beautiful in? Wear it! There’s no better day to feel great about yourself than your birthday.
3. Tell people it’s your birthday – Why keep it a secret?! Let your co-workers and friends make a big fuss over your day.
4. Have your favorite lunch – Invite a few girl friends out for lunch at your favorite restaurant. Order exactly what you want including dessert. There is no such thing as watching what you eat on your birthday.
5. Go get a mani/pedi – Pamper yourself a little bit. And if you have plans later your nails will look gorgeous!
6. Host a jewelry party online or in person – Been wanting some new jewelry but don’t want to spend the money? Invite your friends over or host an online party with Chloe + Isabel and earn hostess credit for free jewelry. You and your friends will all get gifts for your big day!
7. Buy yourself one thing you don’t “need” – Whenever I get birthday money I struggle with feeling like I have to use it to pay off bills. It’s your birthday! Buy yourself one frivolous thing. See number 6.
8. Pick the movie/restaurant/event – Stop feeling like you have to please everyone all the time. If you have a certain restaurant you want to try or a movie you want to see, speak up. It’s your day, you should decide!
9. Take a late night bubble bath – Fewer things are more relaxing than a bubble bath with your favorite book and a glass of wine.
10. Go to bed in style – Wear your favorite silk pj’s or lingerie. Go to bed feeling as beautiful as you did throughout the day.
How do you celebrate your birthday?