Expecting a baby? Here are 9 Dates for Before Baby
We’re expecting our first baby this spring, a little girl. We are so excited to welcome this little girl into our family and are excited for all the changes she will bring. I know one major change will be that we won’t be able to be as spontaneous with our date nights. Fortunately we have my sister and her husband five minutes away, they are expecting their first baby this spring too, so I am sure we will be switching off for date nights. But it will still take a lot more planning than it does now. So I wanted to share 9 Dates for Before Baby, one for each month you’re pregnant but you can be like us and fit a couple of them in one month.
- Cooking Class Date Night- I keep seeing people do these and they look like so much fun. Obviously I’m a food blogger so I enjoy cooking but I would love to learn how to make a new meal and enjoy doing this with my husband for a fun date night!
- Go to a sporting event- This is more for your husband, unless you love sports. I do enjoy them a good bit and we were fortunate enough to get to go to a hockey game VIP style this past fall. It was a lot of fun and there was a lot of good food!
- Have a Spa Day- We’re doing this for a part of our babymoon staycation and I am so excited. And having a massage while you’re pregnant is definitely a must when those aches and pains start setting in.
- Be a local tourist- Go into your town and find something you have not done before like a museum, park or an event. Go out and be spontaneous and explore the area you live in!
- Go to a concert- Concerts aren’t the best place for babies so go ahead and catch a concert or two. We got to see Kelly Clarkson and Taylor Swift both in September and it was fantastic!
- Eat at a fancy restaurant- Pick a fancy place to eat where you have to make reservations and maybe even dress up a little. Enjoy a multi-course meal uninterrupted and savor it!
- Have a Treat Yo’Self Date- Pick a certain amount that you will spend and go out and treat yo’self (yes I am referencing Parks and Rec). Soon it may feel like all you buy is diapers, wipes and groceries. So take some time for you and your husband and treat yourself to whatever you want to buy (within reason of course).
- Go out for brunch- Let yourself enjoy sleeping in without a baby waking you up and then go out for a leisurely brunch somewhere you’ve always wanted to try out.
- Go see a movie in the theater- We don’t see a lot of movies which is funny because we initially met at a movie theater on a blind date. My Memaw had told Tyler to call me because since we lived in the same general area she figured we should meet. Well it worked out because two years later we were married, so don’t discount your grandparents trying to set you up! One movie we will be seeing before the baby comes is the new Nicholas Sparks movie, The Choice. I am finishing up the book right now and can’t wait to see the movie when it comes to the theater. I’ll probably have to trade off going to an action film to get Tyler to go with me but that’s ok!
These are 9 Dates for Before Baby that I am excited to continue working on accomplishing. Since the new Nicholas Sparks movie, The Choice comes out on February 5th that’s going to be one of our next date nights! I’m looking forward to watching the story unfold which involves the main characters being brought together by their dogs who play an important role in the story and I love that because you all know how much I love my pups! Are you looking forward to seeing the new Nicholas Sparks movie, The Choice when it comes out?
Also, what date night ideas would you add on the before baby list?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.