Growing up as a Southern gal in Birmingham, Alabama chicken salad was a staple in my mom’s kitchen. We had it several times per month, if not weekly, especially in the heat of summer. It was always so refreshing to have on a hot, humid summer day with a chilled glass of sweet tea and a squeeze of lemon. Mmmm, it brings back so many memories right now just thinking about it.
- Cooked Chopped Chicken Breasts
- Chopped Celery
- Chopped Almonds or Pecans (optional)
- Garlic Powder
- Cavender's Greek Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Mayonnaise (just to moisten)
- Mix together
- Serve with green salad, tortilla chips, or on bread. Grapes are good in the salad or on the side. Make it to your taste and taste as you go. It is key!