Do you guys have a recipe that is your ultimate comfort food? For me, Spaghetti Amore is that recipe. My mom made it when I was a kid and I’ve made it ever since. I made it in college and when I was a nanny. Side note: it’s kid approved. Now I make it for myself and Tyler. We love it! Spaghetti Amore is actually the first meal I ever made for Tyler, but well it didn’t go over as well as it should have the first time.
I had made Spaghetti Amore for dinner for me and the girls I nannied. I offered to bring some over to Tyler when I came over to his house after work to watch TV. I brought it over to him and he warmed it up and ate some of it but not all of it. I was a little miffed. I mean personally I find this meal divine. Turns out he didn’t warm it up enough and just wasn’t that hungry, phew! Years later we’ve discussed it and he scarfs it down now every time I make it. So no fear, this recipe is husband approved as well!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (Once again I always leave out onion)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can water
- 1 minced garlic clove (or garlic powder)
- 1/2 lb. spaghetti
- Brown beef and onion
- Add soup, water, garlic- heat
- Blend in 1/2 cup of cheese and cooked, drained spaghetti
- Pour into 3 quart casserole dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese
- Bake at 350, uncovered for about 30 minutes or until bubbly
- Serves 4-6
- Can be frozen and reheated
I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we do. I love it served with a side of applesauce (I’m still a kid at heart), broccoli and some delicious bread! Tell me, what is your ultimate comfort food?