Zucchini Squash Bake is the perfect side dish!
The other week I made this as a side dish and we ate it with our Parmesan Chicken. I really liked it, I am a big fan of zucchini and squash. Tyler liked it but he didn’t love it. It had a delicious, creaminess to it and the mixture of cheeses was delicious.
-4 medium Zucchini and Squash (I used two of each and that was plenty)
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 tsp. dried thyme
-2/3 cup Light Sour Cream
-1 cup crumbled feta cheese
-1/2 cup parmesan cheese
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice squash and zucchini into thin, round slices
2. Saute the vegetables in oil, garlic and thyme. Saute until tender
3. Beat together eggs, sour cream and cheeses
4. Spread half of vegetable mixture in the bottom of a greased casserole dish, Spread half of sour cream mixture over vegetables, spread the rest of the vegetables then the rest of the sour cream mixture
5. Bake at 375 got 40-45 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and slightly set, Serve hot.
Adapted from: My Kitchen Escapades