Who loves lasagna? This girl. Actually I love anything with pasta and sauce. But when I saw this recipe on Pinterest from Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom for an easier version of lasagna I was excited to try it! I changed a few things up per our taste and got to cooking to make this Simple Skillet Lasagna.
-3/4 lb. of ground beef
-Sprinkling of garlic powder
-1 1/2 jars of pasta sauce (I used 3/4 of one of those big 45 oz Ragu jars)
-1 tsp. dried basil
-1/2 tsp. oregano
-12 oz pasta (your choice, I used penne pasta)
-3/4 cup ricotta cheese
-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
-Sprinkling of parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain
2. Cook ground beef and garlic, if you wish you can add onion (if you read this blog you know I don’t use onions often) Drain fat from ground beef.
3. Add pasta sauce, basil and oregano and simmer for 10 minutes
4. Add pasta to sauce mixture and mix well
5. Put spoonfuls of ricotta cheese over pasta mixture and spread over the top
6. Cover and simmer another 5 minutes or so
We really enjoyed this dish! It was easy to make and delicious. Try it out and let me know what you think!