Chocolate Banana Muffins. Do I really need to say more? Delicious chocolate goodness. These were so good. I found them over at Allison’s Skinny Jeans. I made them in mini-muffin form which was a really good choice because it was nice to be able to just pop one in your mouth and not feel too guilty. And they have bananas in them and whole wheat flour, I mean they are practically a health food right? I just keep telling myself that. Check out this recipe because you’re going to love these muffins!
-2 Bananas- mine were not very ripe but it would probably make it easier to mash them if they were super ripe.
-2/3 cup sugar
-1/3 cup applesauce
-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1/2 cup all purpose flour
-1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (plus more for topping if you want)
1. Mash the bananas and then add in sugar, egg and applesauce.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients (both flours, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda and baking powder)
3. Sift dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together
4. Fold chocolate chips into mixture
5. Grease muffin tin and fill to top
6. Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes
7. Cool on a wire rack and top with other chocolate chips if desired
Yum, yum, yum. My husband and I both loved these. I will be keeping these in mind for a delicious treat to make whenever I have guests. What is your favorite muffin? I’m a fan of all things muffin!