I’m not sure where the name of this casserole came from but my husband does love it. I got this recipe from my aunt years ago before I had a husband to cook for. When I made it as a nanny it was renamed “School Casserole” by a sweet little 6 year old. I didn’t know how I liked my cooking being equated to school food but she loved it and always asked for it so I didn’t argue with her.
-1 bag egg noodles
-1 large Marinara sauce (I use the majority of a 45 oz. Ragu)
-1 lb. ground beef
-1 16 oz. sour cream
-1 8 oz. package cheddar cheese (or more if you like it extra cheesy)
1. Brown ground beef and drain the fat
2. Boil pasta and set aside
3. Mix marinara sauce with the ground beef
4. In a 9×13 casserole dish put half of the noodles in the bottom
5. Next layer half of the meat sauce
6. Add half of the sour cream
7. Sprinkle on half of the cheese
8. Repeat the layer one time
9. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly
Serve to your husband and kids because this is an easy meal that everyone will enjoy!