Anything Italian makes me happy :). I never make true chicken parmesan because it always sounds difficult to make so I love when I come across a version that is so simple but tastes like chicken parmesan you would get in a restaurant. This recipe fit the bill for that. It was simple but tasted so delicious. My aunt shared this recipe with me last weekend and I knew I had to make it immediately.
-Olive Oil (to coat pan)
-3 Chicken Breasts
-1 large marinara sauce
-1 bag Garlic Croutons
-2 garlic cloves
-Salt and Pepper
1. Pour olive oil into a 9×13 pan to coat the bottom thinly
2. Add 2 garlic cloves, minced and salt and pepper
3. Pound chicken breasts and place in pan
4. Cover chicken in marinara sauce to your desired amount
5. Place garlic croutons on top of marinara
6. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil
7. Cover in mozzarella cheese to your desired amount
8. Re-sauce and then Re-cheese
9. Bake for 30 minutes at 350
The croutons cooked so well and created a delicious breaded taste to the chicken. It was so delicious. We served it over egg noodles. It tasted like we had taken the time to bread the chicken but instead we had done this very simple version and it was delicious.
Do you have an easier variation of a favorite recipe? I love finding short cuts for those busy weeknights! Let me know your favorite easy recipe and leave me a link to check it out!