Mom’s Beloved Congo Bars are a go to dessert in our family!
This is a recipe my mom has been making since I can remember. Anytime we have a family event or party to attend she brings these delicious bars. I never knew how easy they were to make until I was required to bring a dessert to our family’s labor day weekend extravaganza. Now that I am married and a grown up apparently that means I have to cook things for family parties. But it gave me an excuse to make a great dessert to share with you guys! And did I mention how easy they are to make?
During our birthday’s this was always a go to dessert for us. So I recently remade the dessert and added in some sprinkles to create some birthday fun in this dessert!
- 2 sticks butter or margarine, melted
- 1 box brown sugar
- 2 3/4 cups self rising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 12 oz. bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix together melted butter and brown sugar
- Mix in eggs
- Mix in flour
- Then mix in chocolate chips, do all mixing with a spoon
- Bake in a metal 13×9 inch pan at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes