Hello, LPTB readers! I can’t be the only one who is totes jeal of Emily and her husband, as they bask in the sunlight on Mexican beaches–amiright?!? However, I am extremely happy to be back guest posting! I suppose I should get around to introducing myself, in case you don’t remember me. My name is Kate, and I blog over at Thoroughly Modern. I like to write about married life, our sweet Goldendoodle, and my obsession with Harry Potter. On occasion, I’ll share recipes and pretend to be fashionable.
Today I am happy to share with you one of the easiest recipes ever. In fact, you’ve probably made this before–pigs-in-a-blanket sound familiar? This recipe takes that classic dish and gives it a sophisticated twist, but it’s still simple enough to throw together on a weeknight. I present to you:
Adapted from the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets
- 1 package Andouille sausage (or whichever you prefer)
- Mustard or other condiments (optional)
- Thaw the puff pastry according to package directions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Once thawed, slice up each sheet into four triangles.
- Take one sausage and roll it up with the puff pastry triangle. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the sausage rolls on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with mustard, BBQ sauce, ketchup, or whatever else floats your boat!