Ok guys, I know it’s been awhile and I apologize but today I finally have a new PASTA recipe for you! Since it’s you know, in my blog name, it’s kind of important that I stay true to my love for pasta. And no worries because I still love pasta, but over the summer we did a ton of grilling out and meats and veggies and pasta kind of was put on the back burner. Well no worries because today it’s back on the front burner or rather in your crock pot with this Crockpot Lasagna Soup.
This soup was so good. When we were eating it Tyler said it reminded him of the bottom of a pasta casserole, you know all of the good soupy stuff at the bottom?! It was delicious and another bonus is it’s a crock pot meal and so easy to make. I love using my crock pot in the fall and winter because the cold weather just kind of screams crock pot meals to me!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces can of tomato paste
- 2 cups uncooked shell pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Mozzarella cheese for sprinkling
- Brown ground beef and drain fat
- Add ground beef into crock pot then mix in diced tomatoes and tomato paste
- Add in beef broth, garlic, spices, onion, and salt and pepper
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours
- After it is done cooking add in pasta, water and cream cheese and cook for an additional 30 minutes
- Mix everything together and ensure the cream cheese is completely melted
- Serve and top with mozzarella cheese if desired
We loved this recipe and it made enough that we had leftovers another night the same week. I love when I can get two meals from one. The soup was even better leftover! This crockpot lasagna soup will definitely be going into our rotation for dinner recipes.
Adapted from: Family Fresh Meals