This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
It got really cold here the week before Thanksgiving. I decided to whip up one of my favorite meals that my mom used to make, Pizza Casserole with Hormel Pepperoni. This meal was a family favorite growing up. It is quick and easy and was always my moms go to meal for busy weeknights. And because it’s warm and a comfort food I love it on chilly winter nights.
Last week I decided to make this pizza casserole recipe because it was a busy week. We were heading out of town on Wednesday and I had a lot of blog work to do, plus packing. It was freezing cold outside and this meal is so warm and perfect for these cold winter days! I headed out to the store to pick up Original Hormel Pepperoni to include in my recipe! Right now you can save $1.00 on the purchase of any 2 Hormel Pepperoni packages with this coupon.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 package spaghetti sauce mix
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 (8oz) package of mozzarella cheese
- 1 8 oz. can crescent rolls
- Original Hormel Pepperoni
- Brown ground beef and onion
- Mix together ground beef and onion with tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce mix
- Spread ground beef mixture in bottom of a greased 9x13 pan
- Cover ground beef mixture with slices of mozzarella cheese
- Cover with the sour cream
- Lay on pepperoni, as many slices as you want
- Cover with crescent rolls
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes
- If desired add additional pepperoni slices to the top of the casserole
This is one of Tyler’s favorite dinner recipes, he always gets excited when I make it. I love that it’s husband and kid approved and an easy alternative to the classic pizza. I always love to have my quick weeknight dinners on hand for these busy nights especially as Christmas approaches because December just seems to become the busiest month of the year. What about you? Does December seem like the busiest month of the year to you?