6 At Home Date Night Ideas for when you need to save money or just want to stay home!
One of my favorite things is to have at home date nights, I’m a homebody so I love doing fun stuff at home. But sometimes those can just turn into normal at home nights. I think it’s so important to continue with date nights even after you’re married. That’s something we’re trying to be better about this year. Going out or staying in for more fun date nights instead of just dinner and a walk around Target (yes that is our go to). Today I wanted to share a few ideas for at home date nights, some we’ve done and some I’m excited to try out!
1. Make your own Pizza night– I love making homemade pizza but I do not like delivery pizza (I know I am strange). For Christmas Tyler got me a pizza stone and I’m so excited to pull it out soon and have a make your own pizza date night!
2. TV Binge Watch night– We watch a lot of tv but half the time we are working on our computer or playing on our phones at the same time. The other weekend we started binge watching Chicago Fire and we were both so into it that we were watching it without other distractions. This was really fun because we were actually paying attention and commenting on the show and discussing it together. This makes for a fun date night or day because binge watching requires some time!
3. At home spa night– Pull out the lotions and give each other back massages or foot rubs. My husband loves to have his back scratched and I like to have my feet rubbed. For a little extra fun get one of these foot spas and make it a real spa night by soaking your feet and just relaxing together!
4. Fondue night– We have not done this one yet but I think it would be really fun to get a fondue set and do a fondue night at home! It is shockingly expensive to go to a fondue restaurant and have to pay that much to cook your own food so I love an at home option!
5. Game night– Nothing beats a good game night at home. For Christmas I got the Hollywood Game Night Party Game which I love. It says it requires 4 people but we like to play just the two of us and practice up for when we have some competition. We also enjoy playing cards and a fun game Love Letters which we got for Christmas the other year. It’s always fun to turn off the TV and be intentional about having an at home date night doing something different and fun!
6. Plan your dream vacation– This is one of my favorite things to do is to take out some time and just plan a dream vacation. It may be out of reach or you may plan out something you want to save for and aspire towards. Either way it’s fun to look at resorts or activities and pull together a dream vacation plan. If you’re getting really serious about the vacation be sure to check out my Tips on How to Priceline!
These are just six fun ideas for at home date nights. I know there are so many others and I want to hear what your favorites are?