Mississippi Mud Cake is chocolate decadence, topped with marshmallows and more chocolate.
Are you ready to break that healthy eating resolution yet? Or maybe just have one little dessert because we all know going completely sweet free never works, at least not for me. If it works for you, then your willpower is impressive, more power to you! This Mississippi Mud Cake is a delicious dessert that my mom makes when we have big family gatherings. I had not had it in awhile and when we had it at Thanksgiving I remembered just how much I love this dessert. It is so rich and so good!
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- ½ cup cocoa
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1½ cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Miniature marshmallows
- 1 box (sifted) powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Mix together butter and cocoa
- Add eggs and sugar to butter and cocoa mixture
- Blend in the flour, vanilla and salt
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes in a greased 9x13 pan
- Cover cooked cake with mini marshmallows and place in oven to melt
- Combine sifted powdered sugar, ½ cup milk, ⅓ cup cocoa and 1 stick butter and mix until it is smooth
- Spread topping onto cake
- Allow to sit overnight then serve and enjoy!
Oh my goodness, are you drooling yet? I pretty much want to walk downstairs and make this again right now, it’s so good. I made this for my sister for her birthday and we all enjoyed indulging on it!
Do you have a favorite chocolate dessert?