Please welcome my contributor Kay as she shares her recipe for a Cream Cheese Pound Cake.
With the promise of spring in the air, I am starting to think about summery foods… BBQ’s, picnics, and pound cake with strawberries! This recipe is extra delicious with the addition of cream cheese to the batter. You can serve it with berries, chocolate syrup, or the way I like it – plain and simple.
I had a cute bundt pan that I baked it in, but any tube pan will work. Just be sure to oil and flour the pan well, so it doesn’t stick! Here is the batter before it was baked. It is a fairly thick batter.
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 TBL vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Cream together butter and cream cheese.
- Add sugar and beat.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs till fluffy.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture and beat again.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add flour and salt and fold in gently with a spoon.
- Spread batter in tube pan and bake at 325º for 1 hour and 10 min.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a plate.
Follow Kay on Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest |
Leave a Reply