Try these Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes for a delicious side dish or lunch recipe. Packed with sour cream, cheese and bacon, what’s not to love?
When I was in college, I spent a lot of time at my aunt’s house. I was pretty much their fifth child and my uncle calls it their cheapest college education. I did a lot of babysitting for them and in return got a lot of delicious meals and a place to do my laundry. My aunt doesn’t cook a lot but when she does it’s good stuff. That was the first place I had Twice Baked Potatoes and I was pretty much sold on them.
It’s been quite a few years since I’ve had twice baked potatoes since I don’t get to visit my aunt and her family as much as I would like. So I decided to make my own version with these Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes.
-1/2 stick butter
-1/2 cup sour cream
-1 cup cheddar cheese
-1/4 cup milk
-4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Wash and dry potatoes, poke a few holes in them and lay on a foil covered baking sheet
- Bake at 425 for an hour or until softened
- Remove from oven and allow potatoes to cool until you’re able to handle them
- Cut open potatoes, carefully so to not damage the skin and scoop out the insides into a medium size bowl
- Mash up the potatoes
- Mix in milk, sour cream, butter and 3/4 cup cheese and mix until smooth
- Spoon potato mixture back into the potato skins
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bacon crumbles
- Return to oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
The Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes were just as delicious as I remembered. I love what a versatile side dish they can be. We served ours alongside a simple pork tenderloin but twice baked potatoes are always good with a juicy steak or a chicken dish. We’ll definitely be repeating this side dish a lot during the spring and summer when we grill out.
Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
Try these Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes for a delicious side dish or lunch recipe. Packed with sour cream, cheese and bacon, what's not to love?
- 4 potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
Wash and dry potatoes, poke a few holes in them and lay on a foil lined baking sheet
Bake potatoes at 425 for 60 minutes or until softened
Remove from oven and allow potatoes to cool until you're able to handle them, cut open if desired to speed the cooling process.
Cut open the potatoes carefully so as to not damage the skin. Scoop out the insides into a medium size bowl
Mash up the potatoes
Mix in milk, sour cream, butter and 3/4 cup cheese and mix until smooth
Spoon potato mixture back into the potato skins
Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and crumbled bacon
Return to the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted
Recommended Supplies for making Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes
(Affiliate links are included, if you make a purchase I make a small commission at no expense to you!)