Do you like cookies? I do! When I was younger my mom always made the Cookie Press Sugar Cookies and she would color them for Christmas. I loved those things. So when I was registering for my wedding I knew I wanted a cookie press and I got one. I am ashamed to say I’ve only used it twice but both times I’ve taken the cookies to events and people have loved how cute they are. So I wanted to share the recipe for them and some pictures of the ones I have done. If you don’t have a cookie press then you should get one! It’s great when you need an easy and cute dessert to take to a party.
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl, gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy
2. Add egg and almond extract, beat well
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a separate mixing bowl
4. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture stirring well
5. Press dough from a cookie press onto un-greased cookie sheet, using desired disc
6. Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes
7. Remove to wired racks to cool
Yields about 4 dozen. Dough can be tinted or sprinkled with colored sugar before baking. I found it better to use the color sugar sprinkled over top of the cookies after pulling them out of the oven.
This is the recipe that my mom sent to me from the book that came with her cookie press. It made delicious cookies! I love how the cookie press has all of the different discs so you can make them for all different occasions. The first ones I made for the 4th of July and the second batch was for my cousin’s fiance’s shower, those didn’t turn out as good. I think because I sprinkled them with the sugar before cooking them and also the yellow wasn’t bright enough to show against the white dough.