It’s Wedding Thursday again! This summer is just flying by, does anyone else feel like that? In a week and a half my family will be here! Eek, that means I have a week and a half to get my house clean. Oh my! This week for Wedding Thursday I am sharing some wedding shower game ideas. I know when I was planning wedding showers the games were my most dreaded part of it. I am not creative in that realm so I delegated that task out and also asked for ideas from others. Here are some great shower game ideas that I have used and also seen used.
- Bride Trivia– how much do you know about the bride? My brother was awesome and came up with wonderful questions for this for me and my sister. At other showers those who know the bride and were planning the shower will come up with questions about the bride, her childhood, funny things about her and more. Another fun way to do this is to have the groom answer the questions and then compare his answer to the brides. It’s always fun to see what he says whether it’s multiple choice or just his answer.
- Marriage Advice– Have index cards and give them to each guest and have her write her best marriage or relationship advice for the bride. It’s also fun to have the bride read out these advice cards.
- Bridal Shower Bingo– this was a fun game that I had not seen. You provide everyone with a bingo board and before the bride opens her gifts they fill out the squares with what they think she might get (no repeats on the squares). As the bride opens the gifts if she opens what you put then you mark it off, first one to Bingo wins a prize.
- Bridal Taboo– My sister did this for my shower and it was so fun. Have you ever played Taboo? It’s basically the same but with wedding related things.
- Wedding Night Words– this game is hilarious. Without the bride being aware you write down what she says as she’s opening her gifts. Then you have someone read them back as what she will say on her wedding night. You need someone who is not embarrassed and will have fun with it to read these and it is a hoot.
- Rehearsal Bouquet– Save all of the ribbons from the brides gifts and thread them through a paper plate. Once you are done you have a cute bouquet for the bride to use at her rehearsal.