Who loves peanut butter? I do! I eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich for lunch everyday, yes I like my routines. Today I have a delicious recipe for Peanut Butter Bars for you guys. It has a creamy peanut butter icing on top and will become a family favorite. This is one that my mom makes a lot and it is always requested at family gatherings.
– 1/2 cup of butter
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp/ vanilla
– 1 cup flour
– 1/2 tsp. baking soda
– 1/4 tsp. salt
– 1 cup Quick cooking Oats
– 3/4 cup powdered sugar
– 1/4 cup peanut butter
– 2-3 Tablespoons milk
1. Beat butter and peanut butter together
2. Add sugar and brown sugar and beat until fluffy
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla
4. In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking soda, and salt
5. Add dry mixture to peanut butter mixture. Mix and blend together
6. Stir in oats
7. Spread in a 13×9 pan
8. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, check after 15 minutes and if set remove, do not overcook or the bars will be very dry.
9. Cool bars in pan
10. Mix icing and drizzle over cooled bars
Can you say yum? Make sure that you use quick cooking oats, I did not and could definitely notice some oats that weren’t cooked well enough. So that is an important thing to remember. Other than that this recipe is pretty easy and perfect for when you need to take dessert somewhere.
Do you have a favorite peanut butter dessert? I’d love to try it out!