I am a sucker for brown sugar, I mean a big sucker. Anytime I am putting it in or on something you will see me eating chunks of it plain. Yes I do. I learned that from my mom who also loves brown sugar. So when I saw a recipe for Brown Sugar Cookies you know I had to try it out. I was like yes, yes and yes! I still have not made these for my mom and I have to because she would love them. Since she gave up eating chocolate I am always on the look out for chocolate free cookies to make for her!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sugar (for rolling)
- Mix together flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl
- In a medium bowl mix together melted butter and brown sugar until smooth
- Whisk in the egg and then the vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into the dry ingredients thoroughly
- Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it soften
- Roll dough into balls and roll in the sugar
- Place balls of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 325 for 8-9 minutes
- After removing from oven press the top down with a utensil to create a crinkly top
- Put cookies back into the oven for 1-2 minutes
- Remove cookies and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack
We absolutely loved these cookies. I took some over to my sister and brother-in-laws when we went for dinner one night and my brother-in-law is still talking about these cookies! If you love brown sugar then you will love these cookies. I think I’ve talked myself into making some more this week, for my mom of course! Tell me, what is your favorite cookie? And do you love brown sugar as much as I do?
Adapted from: Sally’s Baking Addiction
This recipe can also been seen on: The Best Blogger Recipes Gallery
aimee fauci says
Eating chunks by itself! What the heck….I’ve never heard of this… But I love my brown sugar also. just made some brown sugar chicken.. OH YES!!!!! I will pin this because it does look good.
It is delicious by itself. Just a little bit! Brown Sugar Chicken sounds so good!
I, too, love brown sugar, but have never eaten it raw – always cooked. And I will definitely try these cookies. They look scrumptious. Pinning!
I hope you enjoy them!
Crystal Duncan (@FindingCrystal) says
I had to pin these. I also eat plain brown sugar if I’m cooking with it. I thought I was the only one. My hubby looks at me sideways every time I do it!
My hubby does the same to me haha! I just love it plain!
Logan Cantrell says
These look so good! I am a cookie addict so I’ll have to try these!
I hope you love them!
I love brown sugar as well – so much so that it is a staple we aim to never run out of in my house!
Yes, brown sugar is one of my favorites!
Definitely want to give these a whirl!
I hope you enjoy them!
OMG these look AMAZING! 🙂
– Brooke –
They really are!!
These look delicious! Stopping by from The Gunny Sack
Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
They are so yummy!
Pure Grace Farms says
Mmm, these cookies look delicious!
Thank you! They really are!
Oohh!! Yummy! You had me at “brown sugar”! These look amazing! Thanks so much for sharing them at my Creative Ways Link Party! Hope you’ll be back again this week!
I love me some brown sugar!