This past week I was not very productive at all. But I had a good reason, puppies! My sister’s dog had puppies and my sister is on fall break this week. So I ended up spending two afternoons at her house playing with puppies. We had both been wanting to try out a Pumpkin Roll so I brought over the ingredients and ended up getting to supervise her as she made this delicious dessert while I cuddled puppies. Talk about a great day! We found this delicious recipe at Life in the Lofthouse and we knew we just had to try it out!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar + extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Take a baking sheet with edges and spray generously with baking spray then sprinkle with flour
- Beat eggs with a mixer
- Add sugar, pumpkin and lemon juice and beat in until smooth
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice. Stir with a spoon until just combined
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking sheet and spread it out into a thin layer on the pan
- Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes and until a fork comes out clean
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes
- Sprinkle a clean dish towel with powdered sugar and flip cake onto dish towel
- Roll cake up in dish towel and secure (we used pony tail holders)
- Allow to cool completely for at least an hour in the refrigerator
- Cream together the cream cheese filling ingredients
- Roll out cake and spread cream cheese filling with a spatula
- Roll cake back up and wrap with saran wrap and put in the refrigerator to chill then serve and enjoy!
This recipe turned out so delicious and it was the perfect recipe to cut in half and split between the two of us. Fortunately my sister was kind enough to give me the prettier half for my pictures! It was so good and the perfect fall dessert. What’s your favorite way to cook with pumpkin?
Joy @ Yesterfood says
Emily, this is beautiful- you and your sister did a great job! How fun to play with puppies and bake with your sister! 🙂 Thank you for sharing this with us at Treasure Box Tuesday- pinned! 🙂
Thank you Joy! It was a fun day!
Looks delish……..I have never made a pumpkin roll but this sure looks good.
It is so good!
Thao @ In Good Flavor says
That Pumpkin Roll looks so good! I think I can eat the whole thing in one sitting!
It’s so good!!
What size pan did you use?
Are you using pumpkin puree?
We just used a regular size baking sheet and we used canned 100% Pumpkin.
Hope you enjoy!