I am so excited to be taking part in the Holiday Gift Guide Blog Hop with some other amazing bloggers. Gift giving is not my strong suit so I am always keeping my eyes open for great gift guides to help me know what to buy. My husband is a very creative gift giver so I am always feeling the need to step up my giving game. Today I wanted to focus on something I know and that is 10 Gift Ideas for the Cook.
1. Apple and Potato Peeler– This little tool has changed my cooking. Not having to peel and slice apples anymore is so nice because I’m terrible at trying to peel apples with a knife. This little gadget is so handy and I love having it around!
2. Rice Cooker– I had never heard of a rice cooker until I got my nanny job then I was introduced to this amazing appliance. One reason I hate making rice is because for me it always sticks to the pot badly and its a pain to clean up. This little guy does all of the hard work without having to worry about it boiling over and is a lot easier to clean!
3. Instant-Read Digital Thermometer– I am always really paranoid about my meat being done so when I got one of these after we got married I was so excited because now I can know if my meat is cooked and not worry about it. The other night I dropped it in a pot of Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup so if it doesn’t come back to life this may go on my Christmas list too this year!
4. KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer, Silver– This one is a pretty big gift and one that I have not received yet but I would love to have one of these stand up mixers! There are so many different color options but I think silver is what I would pick. I hope to own one of these, one day!
5. Palm Potato Peeler – This is another inexpensive kitchen gadget that I love. It slides right on your finger and makes potato peeling a breeze which is something I really appreciate when I make my Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup. I didn’t even make this until I had a good potato peeler because otherwise I would have never made it through all those potatoes!
6 .Cuisinart Programmable Breadmaker– I love homemade bread especially in the fall and the winter alongside a warm soup. This bread maker is the one I got for my wedding and it works great! It’s a pretty good price and makes some delicious bread!!
7. Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer– This is another item that I have on my Christmas list. I really want to try zucchini noodles and this would be perfect for that! As a food blogger you can never have too many kitchen gadgets right?
8. Crock-Pot – No kitchen is complete without a good crock pot! I love using my crock pot when it’s freezing outside. I’ve made some delicious recipes and wouldn’t want to get by without it! From breakfast to dinner to dessert you make any dish in a crock pot!
9. Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker– I love making homemade waffles on the weekend! They are so easy to make and this waffle maker makes them deliciously! I love being able to just pour in the batter and let the waffle maker do the work for me!
10. Pyrex Storage 10-Piece Set– I love my Pyrex set for keeping leftovers and for cooking casseroles. It’s one of my must haves for the kitchen and it gets a lot of use!
These are my 10 Gift Ideas for the Cook in your life. Some of these things I still want and some of them I love! I would love to hear what you’d get the cook in your life or what you as the cook want?
Be sure to check out all of the other great gift lists from some wonderful bloggers!
10 Must Have Gadgets This Christmas from Crafty Wife
Unique Gifts for Husbands from Rebecca Chapman
Erin Condren Wish List from The Love Nerds
2014 Holiday Gift Guide from Wife in Progress
Gifts for the Modern Geek from Living Better Together
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide from Alexis Krystina
Etsy Lovers Gift Guide from Butcher’s Niche
Gift Ideas for the Babies in your life from Notes from the Nelsens
Stocking Stuffer Ideas for Kids from 365ish Days of Pinterest
I want to thank these amazing bloggers for co-hosting with me and making
this giveaway possible! Along with teaming up to bring you a week of gift
guides for the holiday season, a few of us are also teaming up to bring
you a great giveaway! Be sure to visit each one of these ladies and show
them some love by clicking on their links below!
Emily from Love, Pasta, and a Toolbelt |
Maggie from The Love Nerds |
Alexis from Alexis Krystina |
Bex from Butcher’s Niche |
Rebecca from Rebecca Chapman |
Heather from Notes from the Nelsons |
Teresa from Crafty Wife
This giveaway will be open from 12am
EST November 17th to 12am EST November 24th, and open to US residents
only. Good luck!
Teresa @ Crafty Wife says
I use my rice cooker all the time! I could never cook rice in a pot and have it turn out okay (I’m not that skilled..). I’m loving the idea of that apple peeler, it looks like something I need!
The apple peeler is so great!! I love my ricer cooker too!
Maggie @ The Love Nerds says
I have a lot of these already, and I bought an apple peeler like that for my mom 2 years ago. I really want that palm potato peeler though.
The palm potato peeler is amazing!
I bought my husband a waffle maker for his birthday one year. Secretly it was really a gift for me. What fun it would be to have a bread maker!
Haha that is great! I love having my bread maker! I need to pull it out this week!
Ooooh, I have my eye on the waffle maker! I think it will have to go on my wish list!
I love my waffle maker!
Evelyn @ My Turn for us says
That bread maker would be great under my Christmas Tree!! Thanks for offering a great giveaway!!
Amy M. C. says
I’m wishing for a Keurig this Christmas.
Britney @ THe Princess & Her Cowboys says
What great ideas! I wish I had more room in my kitchen to fit this stuff!
Money so I can go Christmas shopping after Christmas and a pressure cooker/
I’m still waiting to purchase a KitchenAid mixer!
Aimee @ like mother like daughter says
I would love to get any of these for christmas. Especially a bread maker, I love fresh homemade bread!
I love it too, so much!
I would really like a waffle maker!
Jessica (Savory Experiments) says
I don’t have a rice cooker, but I might want one. My husband is convinced that I need a pressure cooker!
Stephanie Pass says
My mom has one of those apple and potato peelers and it looks so fun. I’d love one!
I would love a lot of these!! I need more counter space ;o) Pinned it!! Thanks for sharing!!
Jennifer Arthur says
My list is short and simple. I would love a bottle of maple syrup. We’re very low income, so we ask for only one thing each.
Chelsea @ Life With My Littles says
These are great! I LOVE my Kitchen-Aid that I got from my father-in-law a few years ago. I would love to get a nice digital thermometer like that! And you can’t go wrong with a crock pot or waffle maker!!
Jen @ Simple Nails and Beauty says
We love our rice cooker and like you, the apple peeler has changed my life (especially in the fall!) All great gift options, thank you for sharing!
Yes it is a life changer haha!
Andrea B (@goodgirlgonered) says
I kind of want that palm potato peeler! And the spiralizer – because I have wanted to make zucchini noodles, too. We’re twins. 🙂
I think we are!!
I love that apple peeler! I’ve been meaning to get a spiralizer, too! Great giveaway!
I have a few crockpots on my wish list for this year, including the one you featured! 🙂
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
I don’t really have a list. But if my husband were to buy me some Sorel boots or UGG slippers, I would not complain. 🙂
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
And I have that veggie spiralizer…LOVE IT!
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
Lots of great gift ideas for home cooks!
Malia @ Small Town Girl says
Thanks! I didn’t know what I wanted for Christmas, now I do 🙂
Shauna - The Best Blog Recipes says
I’m LOVING all of these ideas 🙂