One of my favorite breakfasts is this Simple Baked Oatmeal. My mom served it often when I was a kid, so it is comfort food to me. I make it often because it’s easy, frugal, and filling. I mean, how else can I persuade my kids to eat oatmeal?! 🙂
I get up early, most mornings, so it’s a snap to stir this together and slide it in the oven. But it can be prepared the evening before, and just baked in the morning. How cool is that?! It has a cake-like texture, and some of my kids like it without milk. I like it with plenty of milk and fruit, myself. You can even add fruit or chocolate chips to the batter, to convince a picky eater. 🙂
- 3 cups oatmeal (any kind)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Stir oatmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl.
- Add eggs and milk, stir well with a spoon.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
Do you have any tricks or favorite recipes to get your kids to eat healthy breakfast foods?