Top this Chewy Cake with some vanilla ice cream and you the perfect summer dessert!
I’ve had a lot of recipes from my mom that I have been planning to try and slowly but surely I am trying them out and discovering some delicious recipes. When I saw this recipe for Chewy Cake I knew it was one I would love because it has brown sugar in it and I am a brown sugar loving girl. I don’t know about you but I love to eat brown sugar plain. So when I’m baking with it I have to be careful not to eat too much of it.
As soon as this cake came out of the oven I knew it would be perfect topped with ice cream. With some vanilla ice cream on top it makes for the perfect summer treat. I also of course sprinkled a bit of extra brown sugar on top for a little extra sweetness. Because really, who doesn’t want a little extra sugar?
- 1 stick margarine or butter
- 1 box dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1/3 cup pecans (optional)
- Melt stick of margarine (or butter)
- Beat all ingredients together
- Stir in 1/3 cup of pecans (if desired)
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Keep an eye on it, the inside will still be gooey when done but top will be crisp.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
The pecans are optional depending on your preference. I do not like nuts in my desserts so I tend to always leave them out. But I know some people love them so I always want to let you know when I’ve left them out of a recipe.
What is your favorite dessert to serve topped with ice cream? This one is a pretty delicious one to try out!