So last week we covered 12 TV Plots You Can’t Miss This Fall, looking at some of the best returning fall tv shows. Now I am really excited to talk about some of the new shows coming this season. I always have such a love/hate relationship with new shows because I love watching them, but I hate when I get attached to a show and then it gets cancelled. Ringer, I’m looking at you. But it’s always fun to check out a new show and see if it lives up to the hype.
- Blindspot- Premieres September 21st on NBC at 10/9 Central- The previews for this show look really good. Kind of like a combo of Prison Break (the whole tattoo thing), The Bourne Identity and maybe a little Alias (girl spy kicks butt). I’m really excited to see this show and have high hopes for it, so I hope it delivers.
Most Exciting Comedies
- Grandfathered- Premieres September 29th at 8/7 Central- I mean who isn’t excited to see John Stamos back on their tv’s? I know I am, which reminds me, I can’t wait for Fuller House. But back to the topic at hand, this looks like a funny comedy but hopefully all of the funny parts aren’t in the previews.
- The Grinder- Premieres September 29th at 8:30/7:30 Central- This category could be called most excited to see return to television, because I’m pretty excited to see Rob Lowe come back to tv. I don’t know if he can top his role in Parks and Rec, but I certainly hope this comedy ends up being good!
- Blood and Oil- Premieres September 27th at 9/8 Central- I feel like this show is looking to fill the spot left open by Revenge. Full of drama and intrigue with maybe a little Dallas mixed in there. This show looks like it will be a good watch for some serious drama and bringing Nate, I mean Chace Crawford back to the tv world!
- Quantico- September 27th at 10/9 Central- This show basically looks like the Greys Anatomy with the FBI. I’ve been intrigued by this show because I went to high school with one of the actresses, so I’m excited to see her in a major show. I’m sure this show will be full of mystery and intrigue so I’ll probably check it out.
Shows I Will Most Definitely Watch
- Chicago Med- Premieres November 17th at 9/8 Central- I am really excited for another show in the Chicago family. Seriously they could probably make Chicago Waste Management and people would watch because they’d produce amazing storylines and great characters. I just hope this show doesn’t go too “medical” and bring out my hypochondriac side.
So I want to hear, which new fall shows are you planning to watch? There are a few others I might add to my line up if my DVR has room but for now these are the top one’s I’ve got my eye on.