Ready to take your blog to the next level? Check out these tips for Landing a Sponsored Post
When I first started blogging I had no idea that people actually made money from blogging. I mean how crazy is that right? Now that I am a few years into and have started taking my blog more seriously I am excited by the possibilities. It’s such a blessing to be able to work at home and do something that I love. But with adding sponsored posts to the mix comes more responsibility because I only want to do posts that bring value to my readers. Today I wanted to share some tips for landing that sponsored post!
- Consider your readers– This is important no matter what you’re posting, but always consider your readers when thinking of sponsored post content. They are after all the reason you write. So will working with this brand bring value to your readers? Will it be something that they enjoy reading about? I do a lot of recipes and DIY posts. So if I were to take on a sponsored post about coupons and deals it wouldn’t relate well to my core audience.
- Know your readers– When applying to a sponsored post it’s really important to know your readers. Dig into your analytics and know who your readers are. Are they mainly women or men? What ages are they? Then take this information and put it into your pitch. Brands want to know who these posts are going to reach so let them know how and why this post would appeal to the readers of this demographic.
- Have a creative pitch– It’s easy to just say I would use this product to make a recipe. But I’ve found it’s far more effective to have a specific idea. So when you see that sponsored post, take a day or two (if time allows) to consider a specific recipe or craft that you would make using the product. Go into detail and pitch your idea with all the enthusiasm you have for it!
- Put your best food forward– When they ask for your recent posts pick ones that are most applicable and are your best posts. Include more than one post example to give them a good idea of what you can do, your writing style and your photography. Also look for posts that have good engagement on them to share as well.
These are four tips to get you started with applying to sponsored posts. It’s so exciting when you start receiving them and are able to grow your brand through these posts. But remember to always stay true to your readers and your brand with the posts you do and the brands you work with.
If you’re looking for some agencies to work with for sponsored posts these are a few of my favorites! I’ve included my personal referral link on a few so if you sign up I’ll receive a small commission at no charge to you!
- Social Fabric/Collective Bias
- Clever Girls Collective
- Linqia *This is my personal referral link*
- Pollinate Media
- Weave Media
- Izea *This is my personal referral link*
- Massive Sway
I’d love to hear if you’ve done sponsored posts on your blog? And your tips for pitching and landing them?
Wanting to start your own blog? Check out How to Start a Blog in 3 Easy Steps!