Add some fall to your breakfast with these Pumpkin Pie Waffles which are made complete with a delicious cream cheese glaze.
The other week I went to the store and picked up ingredients for all things fall baking. I grabbed a couple cans of pumpkin and then started brainstorming what recipes to create. First I made Pumpkin Snickerdoodles which were a big hit. I decided the next thing I wanted to do was bring some fall flavors to breakfast. That is how these Pumpkin Pie Waffles with a Cream Cheese Glaze were born. I knew I wanted something more than just pumpkin waffles so my husband had the brilliant idea of adding a cream cheese glaze and can I just say well done dear!
Breakfast is a must have in our house. It’s my favorite meal of the day and we often have it for dinner too. I love eggs and grits but I also love having something sweet to go alongside. I think a balanced breakfast has your protein and your sweet treat. Whenever we go out I almost always get whatever the classic eggs and bacon meal is along with a side of french toast, waffles or pancakes (note: I said or, I don’t get all three).
Heat up your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray
Mix together all of the ingredients for your waffles until smooth
Pour into waffle maker and cook until done
Mix up your ingredients for the cream cheese icing
Take desired amount of cream cheese icing and heat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds, enough to get the icing warm and a little thinner
Drizzle over your waffles
Eat and enjoy!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1¾ cups milk
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree + 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Icing Ingredients:
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 box confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat up your waffle iron and spray with cooking spray
- Mix together all of the ingredients for your waffles until smooth
- Pour into waffle maker and cook until done
- Mix up your ingredients for the cream cheese icing
- Take desired amount of cream cheese icing and heat in the microwave for 15-30 seconds, enough to get the icing warm and a little thinner
- Drizzle over your waffles
- Eat and enjoy!
These waffles sound SO good! I don’t cook breakfast enough (I eat it at the office, so I don’t need to make it that often). And on weekends it just sometimes doesn’t happen. But these sound awesome! Now, I just need to buy a waffle iron. HA!