One thing I love about fall is apples. Everyone is all about the pumpkins but for me it’s apples. I love to go pick apples and try out all things apple. When I saw this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Bread I knew that I had to use it. I found this recipe over at All Recipes.
Apples are one of my favorite things to cook with but I am awful at peeling apples. Until I discovered this amazing apple peeler and corer and now I am all about making every delicious apple recipe out there!
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup, butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon
- Take a medium bowl and beat together the white sugar and melted butter with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Take the eggs and beat them into the sugar mixture one by one until smooth. Then add the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl combine flour and baking powder and then mix it into the sugar mixture until combined.
- Add milk into flour and sugar batter and mix until batter is smooth
- Grease loaf pan and lightly flour
- Pour half of the batter into the loaf pan
- Peel and chop the apple into small pieces
- Sprinkle half the apples and then half of the cinnamon/brown sugar mixture onto batter in pan and pat lightly into batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top
- Sprinkle remaining apples and cinnamon/brown sugar mixture onto top of batter and lightly pat apples down and then swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture around on top.
- Bake at 350 for 40-55 minutes, until a fork comes out clean
It’s a lot of steps but really quite easy and so delicious. We have all been snacking on it this week and loving it. I can’t wait to make it again. I want to go apple picking soon. Do you have any favorite apple recipes? I am always looking for new apple dishes to try!