I don’t eat a lot of fruit, but in a dessert, I love fruit! We got a huge thing of blueberries from the store the other week and then we were heading to Tyler’s parents over the weekend. Since the blueberries were going to go to waste I decided to try out these Blueberry Crumb Bars and have a little dessert to take on our trip. They were delicious and we had a fun trip, the girls shopped and the boys golfed!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine flour, oats, 1 cup of sugar, cinnamon and baking soda
- Take the butter and cut it into flour mixture until it is coarse and crumbly
- Take out 2 cups of the flour mixture
- Use the remainder of the flour mixture and press into a greased 13x9 dish to form a crust
- Put blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water into a pot
- Boil blueberry mixture while stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes
- Pour blueberry mixture over crust
- Top with reserved 2 cups of flour mixture
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool before serving
These bars were so delicious. We had some left and shared them with my sister and brother-in-law and they loved them as well. My sister kept some for breakfast so they make a delicious dessert or breakfast. Do you have any favorite fruit desserts?
Adapted from: All Recipes
Check out these other great fruit recipes
My kids would LOVE this.. they are obsessed with blueberries! I will pin for later…stopping by form the wednesday round up
I hope they love it!
This looks so delicious!
I just started experimenting with blueberries and oats so will try it, Thanks!
I hope you enjoy it!
sherry taylor says
yes we don’t have blueberries down here can we use canned filling
I’m sure that would be good too!