Fall is in the air, apples are ripe for the picking, and my allergies are a wreck. You have to love the change in seasons right? Despite the allergies, I am loving the cooler weather and cooking all things apple. I know everyone is all about pumpkin this time of year, I even rounded up 8 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes but for me it’s all about apples. Don’t get me wrong, I do like pumpkin! I just like apples more! That’s why I decided to create these Brown Sugar Apple Muffins with an oatmeal crumble on top! They were so delicious!
These muffins were so good and are one of my favorite recipes I’ve created. They can be enjoyed for a snack or for breakfast. I gave a couple to my sister and my husband enjoyed them for breakfast a couple of days! What’s your favorite thing to cook with apples?
Brown Sugar Apple Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Crumble Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Peel and chop apple into small pieces
- Mix together chopped apple, milk and egg in a medium bowl
- Add apple mixture to the dry mixture
- Mix everything together until well combined
- Grease muffin tins and fill 3/4 full
- Mix together crumble ingredients and top muffins evenly
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until a fork comes out clean
Teresa @ Crafty Wife says
Yum!!! I bought a ton of apples the other day and was looking for a recipe I wanted to make with them. You’ve convinced me. Muffins it is! 😉
They are so good!! I hope you like them!
OH my goodness those look delicious!!
Thank you for stopping by yesterday and leaving me your link… can’t wait to follow along 🙂 xo
Thank you! Glad you came by 🙂
If it has anything to do with apples I’m in. Oh I bet this is tasty.
ruth cartwright says
These look yummy. I also love your food photography, you do a great job.
Thank you Ruth!
Andrea | Cooking with a Wallflower says
These muffins look amazing, Emily! I love the combination of brown sugar and apples. It’s definitely a fall flavor. Can’t wait to give this a try =)
Prairie Gal Cookin' says
These look amazing! Just in time for our apple harvest too! 😉