Hey! It’s Jessica again from Together as Family sharing this recipe for York Peppermint Cookies!
I’m so excited to bring you these York Peppermint Cookies. The combo of mint + chocolate is one of my favorites, especially during the Holidays. I remember as a little girl always picking out the York Peppermint candy bar as my treat when I went to the grocery store with my mom. I always got made fun of by my brothers because apparently they are only for “old people.” Well, call me old then, but I love those things.
These cookies are so minty and chocolatey and the best part….. they are really easy and only 4 ingredients!
Be sure you use a devil’s food cake mix or a chocolate cake mix. The first time I made these I used a chocolate fudge cake mix and the cookies turned out very fudgy and too “wet”. I made them again using a basic chocolate cake mix and they were much better. To get the sprinkles to stick to the cookie wait 3-5 minutes after pressing the york peppermint patty onto the cookie. The chocolate will have melted slightly and the sprinkles will stick on the melted chocolate easily.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (chocolate or devil’s food cake)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 bag (11 oz) York Peppermint Patties miniatures, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil and stir together until combined and smooth.
- Scoop small dough balls, about 1 tablespoon, and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Let sit on cookie sheet for 3 minutes before gently pressing a peppermint patty on top of each cookie.
- Wait a few more minutes until chocolate has melted slightly and sprinkle some Christmas sprinkles on top of cookie (if desired).
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and do lots of Holiday baking! That’s one of my favorite things about this time of year are all the sweets and treats. I love being in the kitchen baking up a storm for the people I love.
For the first 12 days of December I did a ’12 days of Christmas cookies’ on my blog. Be sure and come check it out because I am still dreaming about those delicious cookies and treats.