In my house for as long as I can remember we have had Pasty for our Christmas Eve dinner. Pasty is a traditional English dish that has been passed down from my great grandmother. It is one of my favorite meals and I was excited when I learned to make it myself. I say learned but honestly it’s not that hard, just takes a little time to prepare.
– 1 box Pillsbury pie crust
– 1 package of top round steak
– 3-4 few potatoes
– large onion
2. Cube steak and put in crust.
3. Salt and pepper.
4. Peel and cube potatoes and put in next.
5. Salt and pepper.
6. Slice onion and put on top.
7. Cut margarine (about half a stick) over top and put top crust on.
8. Pinch to seal.
9. Bake about 20 minutes on 425, then turn oven down to 350 and bake about 45 minutes more. Watch to make sure it doesn’t burn. Times are approximate.